SYSGO is the leading European provider of real-time operating systems for critical embedded applications in the Internet of Things (IoT). Our products have been designed to meet the highest requirements when it comes to Safety and Security. Our customers are leading players in the Aerospace, Railway, Automotive and Industrial Automation industries, who use our PikeOS product as a platform for critical systems that need to be certified against industry-specific Safety and Security standards.
Founded in 1991 and based in Germany, SYSGO has also subsidiaries in France, the Czech Republic and maintains a world-wide distribution network. The company is part of the European Thales Group.
SYSGO has a strong background in safety-critical and security-surveillance system software; our hypervisor PikeOS has been certified according to functional safety (DO-178C avionics, IEC 61508, ISO 26262 automotive, EN 5012x railway) and security standards (Common Criteria EAL5).
We are looking for an experienced principal software architect for safety-critical cloud (m/f/x), in particular the development of safe and secure replica management middleware for the railway sector.
Detailed Role Description:
Railway companies are defining a safe computing platform for managing field elements with EULYNX-defined interfaces. Together with Deutsche Bahn (DB Netz) in the context of the IPCEI-Cloud European project framework, we develop a SIL4Cloud middleware also referred to as SCP (Safe Compute Platform) that is hosted in regional data centers. Such regional data centers control trackside field elements (points machines, signals, etc.) and also connect to FRMCS (Future railway mobile communication system). In this context, we are providing a key middleware component on top of PikeOS that enables mixed-criticality applications that railway partners provide. It utilizes MooN configurations to meet the respective safety levels for reliability and availability. Focus areas of the Safe Compute Platform middleware are:
- Replica management and voting
- Orchestration of safety-critical applications with an appropriate RTE
- Time synchronization of Network communication (SDN, TSN)
- Power management
- Identity and access management (IAM); remote attestation, TPM management
- Diagnostics and monitoring, updates
- Load balancing of compute groups and compute elements
- Interoperability of protocols and concepts such as RaSTA; OPCUA; DDS and/or Kubernetes
- Package/image and repository management/deployment
- Interoperability with the approaches in EULYNX and NeuPro
In the end, each data center in SIL4 Cloud shall provide the common security services defined by X2RAIL and provide an availability according to EN 50600 level 3. Other relevant standards include EN 50128 (Software); EN 50129 (Hardware and equipment); EN 50126-1/-2 (RAMS); EN 50159 (Safety related Communications); IEC 62443, especially IEC 62443-3-3 and 62443-4-2 (cybersecurity for operational technology).
As a stepping stone, we will produce a reference implementation of the SCP PI standard, which will be publicly shared. You will lead the architectural development for an open-source reference implementation of RCA/OCORA as well as the commercial environment.
- Degree in computer science or technical computer science, computer science, security or a comparable course of study
- Good knowledge of the programming languages C, C++ or the POSIX programming interface
- Good knowledge of SoC/CPU architectures or in network technologies
- Good knowledge of SysML/UML (EA/Papyrus) and model-based design
- Understanding of operating system architectures and a confident use of Linux as a development platform
- Understanding of functional safety and cyber security in software development
- Language skills in German are preferred
- an open, cooperative and particularly good working atmosphere
- a permanent employment contract in a modern, well-equipped workplace
- exciting tasks and individual training opportunities
- flexible working time model with core and flexitime
- Tutor and introduction week during the initial training period
- Job bike
- Free employee parking
- E-charging station (free of charge) for car and eBike
- Mobile working
- Company events
Your personal tutor and the input of our introductory week at the main location of SYSGO GmbH in Klein-Winternheim will support you in your direct entry and preparation for new tasks. A focused team and clear tasks offer you orientation and opportunities to look for creative solutions together. Depending on your focus, you will have the opportunity to contribute and implement your own ideas and take on responsibility.
Are you looking for a new challenge and do you have professional experience in the areas we are looking for?
Are you well-structured and organised, committed, proactive and curious? Do you enjoy working independently and as part of a team? Then we look forward to receiving your application via our job portal.